Online Counselling Support for Children, Youth & Families in British Columbia, Canada
Hi! My name is Dallas Shirley. I am a mom, partner, sister, daughter, aunt, friend, Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) through the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors and BC Registered Play Therapist (BCRPT) through the BC Play Therapy Association. I support children and youth through online counselling, play therapy, and family support and also support adults with grief and loss.
Grief and loss is not only about death. There is grief and loss in many parts of life. We may lose relationships. We may experience loss if we move or we have to change schools. We may mourn the loss of dreams that did not come true, or the life we once had that is forever changed. Grief is profound and a very real part of our lives. My goal is to provide a safe space to process thoughts and feelings about grief, loss, anger, shame, love, frustration, joy, or any feeling you can think of. We will work together to find healthy ways to express those feelings.
My goal is to help you and your family:
- Build your own toolbox of healthy coping activities such as movement, breathing, and other stress relieving activities, to help cope with current and future life struggles.
- Work towards alleviating unhelpful feelings of anxiety.
- Help support you and your family with processing feeling of grief and loss. Some examples of grief and loss that I can help support you with are: pet loss, death of a loved one, moving to a new home/place, changing schools, loss of friendships, loss of school/activities, a loss of dreams that did not come true or the loss of the life we once had that is now forever changed.
- Understand the underlying meaning behind what might present as challenging behaviours.
- Work on creative problem solving skills.
- Build on relational, friendship and social skills.
- Strengthen assertiveness in being able to speak up when helpful.
- Work on healthy expression of emotions.
- Strengthen your relationship and connection with your child by engaging you in the process.
If you are interested in child or youth counselling or adult grief counselling support, connect for a free 15-minute phone consultation. This phone call will give you the opportunity to learn more about me to see if I will be a good fit to help provide support.